“May she share everything with her husband, including the housework.” -Unknown Proverb
All newlyweds are looking to make their new house together a home. A house is not a home unless it feels comfortable and has all the items a couple needs. What better way to get these items then by registering for a wedding registry? Family and friends are always looking for that perfect gift for a newly engaged couple, so why not make it easy for them. Here are some helpful tips to make creating your wedding registry a piece of cake.
1. Make sure you register early. Once you are engaged one of the first things you should consider is creating a wedding registry. You know friends and relatives are going to be looking to get you gifts for your engagement, bridal shower, wedding, etc. Make it easy for them and this way you will get exactly what you want.
2. Go shopping as a couple. What better bonding experience then shopping for new items for your new home. The gifts are for both of you so equal input is necessary. These are some of the first decisions you will be making together as a new couple. Make a date out of the outing and have fun with it. Allot yourself enough time to browse stores and pick items that are most useful for the both of you.
3. When picking items to put on your registry it is important to think ahead. You might not need it now but will later on down the road. Your family will grow, or you will be entertaining for the holidays. Why not ask for specific items that can be used for those occasions. Lastly pick quality over quantity. It’s not all about trying to get the most gifts. You want to get gifts that will last.
4. Register for whatever you want but be realistic. As we mentioned before these items are suppose to make your new house feel like a home. Some examples include: a stand mixer, coffee maker, linens, silverware etc. You want to make sure that you will actually use these items. Don’t register for fancy expensive items just because you think you can. There is no point in having a crystal punch bowl that sits in your attic because you have no use for it.
5. Don’t just register at one store. You should give you friends and family some options. Try registering at two or three stores with a wide variety of items. It is also a good idea to make sure that one of your stores has an online option to purchase gifts. Everyone might not be able to make it to the store. You want to choose items with different prices, some cheap and some expensive. Good price range points include: $25, $50, $100, and $200 plus. Some popular stores to register at are Macy’s, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Pottery Barn, etc.
Creating a wedding gift registry should be a fun experience for a newly engaged couple. It’s a once in a lifetime chance where friends and family will buy you lots of gifts to help build a new home. Take advantage of this opportunity and pick items that will be useful for the present and future. PS… Any groom looking to buy your bride a special something for that special day, think of A. JAFFE. A. JAFFE offers a wide variety of luxury designer jewelry and accessories. Everyone else is buying a wedding gift, so you should too!
To find out more about A. JAFFE engagement rings and other designer diamond rings visit us at: www.ajaffe.com
Like us on:
Posted by Caitlin Fischer